Welcome to our exciting new term with our major focus: PrEP.
PrEP is a successful programme where students learn through the planning and active participation in operating their very own society.
Our very own class members, will have first hand experiences in:
- Writing letters of application – for jobs
- creating a business with an employer & employees
- developing a product that the students can make and sell at market.
- Researching, promoting and investigating appropriate products, customers need or want.
- Students will learn through personal experiences why we have certain structures in place and the possibilities if there is a breakdown.
There are many positives for students involved. Students will learn about how to:
- Write a CV (curricular vitae)
- Apply for specific jobs using their expertise
- use, create money through a business
- budget for supplies, wages etc
- problem solve to improve society or make things fair.
Just to name a few.
This programme covers all aspects of the curriculum, from budgeting using spreadsheets (ICT),GST and adding weekly wages (maths) to technology creating, designing a product that sells.
This is a first for our team and for our school. Watch our journey over term two and onwards to market day.
Week 1 & 2
- Introduction to PrEP – What is PrEP?
- Application for jobs – writing a simple CV, getting referees etc
- Creating a business and the roles needed.
Homework: Currency: Create money for our Kauri Team society e.g. $5.00 note, $10.00 note maybe $1000.00 note etc.. Think about symbols, value, colour. Some research would be valuable for all students. Most importantly the currency type e.g. $ NZ we have dollars.
Examples of our one dollar and two dollars notes that are no longer in circulation.(Coins have replaced them)